1. how can our congress hold the Iraqi government accountable for reaching benchmarks? What exactly have they accomplished this year?
2. The Beckhams are here. Soccer still sucks, and we already had enough inane women in Hollywood. I wouldn’t call it a lose/lose, but it certainly doesn’t change the status quo.
3. over 11,000 citations have been written in Seattle using “red light cams.” Big brother may not be watching you, but big traffic cop is. Can we say “cash cow” boys and girls. BTW, these are advocated by the insurance industry. Accidents go down, your rates keep going up. That is some cool business they have. The city pays for the cameras, your tickets buy all kinds of new things that the police can violate your rights with, and auto insurance companies have to pay out less claims.
4. Religion does not grant morality. If you don’t believe me ask your priest to get off the altar boy so you can talk to him about it.
5. Morality is not as fun as immorality, but you get to go to a mythical place when you die. I’m going to o’malleys. They are going to cremate me and lacquer my ashes into the bar.
6. pomegrante Smirnoffs are quite the tasty libation. If you feel a little gay drinking them, throw the empties away in the neighbors trash, and not even your garbage man will know.
7. I have lost 14 pounds since may with my new weight loss regimen. It’s called “work.” Pretty catchy, hunh? It works as well as Alli and no pants crapping.
8. I bought the new Harry Potter book yesterday. It’s very disappointing. I don’t like the cover art, and it weighs less than 5 pounds. No, I haven’t started reading it yet.
9. I woke up to the sound of roscoe banging his head against his water bottle. Sooner or later I can drive anything crazy.
10. Senator Feingold has proposed censuring Bush. Only because proposing to beat him with a bat would’ve got him arrested.
11. I think Michael Vick is a real shithead, but I don’t think that a federal government that uses dogs to sniff out landmines has a lot of room to talk.
12. You shouldn’t speak ill of the dead. It’s just not proper, and they can’t hear you so you don’t get the joy of pissing them off.
13. Introspection is the root of all evil. I’m going to contemplate that in terms of my own life for awhile, and then i’ll tell you why.
14. Flooding in japan, texas, great britain, kansas, and all over south east asia in just the last month. If I turn on the news I’ll bet I see Al Gore whining about the problem of Global Wetting.
15. Ron Paul is now at 2% in the polls. Throw in the margin of error and he is exactly where he was when his campaign started. I’m betting his followers have a different take on this, but they have a different take on spaghettios, as well.
16. I am pro spaghettio’s…in case you were wondering.
17. If elections were held today it would be Hillary Vs. Rudy. Why do I feel underwhelmed about the future?
18. Don’t look now, but nothing has changed since last week, all the good intentions, bad events, and political posturing haven’t changed anything. oh wait, I’m one book that I haven’t read richer. Enjoy your week.