I’ve been looking at pictures for days now, and the only conclusion I can come up with is he is dead. I know nobody else says so, but it’s the only rational conclusion. If he isn’t dead, then he is in captivity, and that implies a conspiracy theory so convoluted that it defies imagination.
This of course is an opinion, but not an uneducated one. Let me make some points.
1. A live Osama Bin laden is best for all concerned.
Al Qaeda, and islamic fundamentalism is stronger if the muslim world thinks he is alive. He is a folk hero to them, and enjoys incredible popularity throughout the region; including those countries who support the U.S. Plus, it is awfully hard to find a dead guy, and boy do we look dumb searching for him. Shaming America is a big deal to the radical islamic movement.
George Bush would play hell continuing his war on terror without the great satan to hunt. American’s are already tired of the bloodshed, and loss of human life. Less than 1/10th of the casualties we experienced in vietnam, and if you put it to a referendum we’d have troops flying home by the weekend. Had Osama’s corpse been presented 2 years ago the war in Iraq would be long over.
Congressional democrats want him alive, because the disaster that the war on terror has become for the Bush Administration has already given them control of both houses of congress, and barring some miracle (like a freshly thawed body of Osama Bin Laden being put in front of the news cameras) they will enlarge their majorities, and win the White House because of what one long dead terrorist started.
2. Not one single reputable source has shown conclusive proof that he is alive.
Not one. The last conclusive evidence came before the 2004 elections. He mentioned bush and kerry so it is likely he was alive at the time, but since then not one shred of logical evidence proves he is alive.
3. He went to Dubai in 2001 for dialysis.
Kidney problems don’t just disappear, and the affects on him physiologically we’re obvious in later videos. It would be difficult in the extreme to receive anywhere near proper medical care. Especially while being the worlds foremost fugitive .
Most American intelligence agents have been shifted away from Afghanistan,. and the hunt for Osama has been in name only for several years. You can say thats because Bush toook his eye off the ball, but it’s just as credible to surmise that somewhere deep in the vaults is a portfolio marked top secret that has a dead photo of Osama in it.
It’s far easier to bilk the American people out of billions of dollars if the news keeps sporting hunt for Osama slogans, and the world believes the man is alive and masterminding further mischief. It’s not so easy to respond to a couple of very simple questions:
1. If he is alive, and his followers could be emboldened by his presence, why have none of the photo’s or video’s borne any proof of the date? it would be quite easy to accomplish, but none have been shown?
2. Why, if he is sick, and needing dialysis just to stay alive; and we really want to catch him..why have we removed those assets from the regions he is thought to be in? We’ve had years to track him, and not one sighting, not one wierd medical shipment, not one shred of evidence found that he is still alive
This is all conjecture of course, and i’m no expert, but until they prove he is alive he is dead dead dead. Thats my conspiracy idea for the day.